Author: La Patisserie Des Reves
Recipe type: Biscuit
A delicious recipe for shortbread rounds
- 250g Flour
- 125g Butter
- 2 Pinches of fleur de sel
- 11g Baking powder
- 3 Egg yolks
- 100g Caster sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod
- Combine the flour, butter, salt and baking powder.
- Rub everything together with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and seeds from the split and scraped vanilla pod.
- Add this emulsion to the butter and flour mixture and stir to obtain a dough.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to rest for at least 30mins.
- Roll out the dough to ½cm thick and use a round pastry cutter to cut out discs 6cm in diameter.
- Allow to rest for an hour in the fridge.
- Bake at 170C for 12-15 minutes, then place on a rack to cool.