Author: William Curley
Here's a simple recipe for rum-marinated sultanas. You can add these to mince pies, christmas cakes and puddings, stollen or kugelhopf. This recipe makes 350g, they last for up to 3 months and they're so easy to make.
- 250g Sultanas
- 100ml Dark rum
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the sultanas.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then strain.
- Spoon the sultanas into sterilized jars and pour over the dark rum.
- Seal and leave to marinate for at least 24 hours, turning and shaking the jar occasionally.
- These will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months.