Author: Patisserie Makes Perfect
Recipe type: Cream
This is a recipe for the pistachio cream used in the Pistachio & Raspberry Macaron Cake Recipe.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 80g Granulated Sugar
- 230g Unsalted Butter
- ½ The Creme Patissiere Recipe (in the Icings & Fillings Section)
- 30g Pistachio Paste (I bought mine online from Sous Chef)
- Place the whole eggs, egg yolk and sugar in the bowl of your food mixer. Set over a saucepan of barely simmering water and whip with a handheld electric whisk until pale and thick, similar to a light mousse.
- When the mixture is hot to the touch, remove the bowl from the heat and whip at a low speed on your food mixer, until lukewarm.
- Add the butter in several batches, whipping after each addition until smooth and cool.
- Add 170g of Pastry Cream (creme patissiere) and whip at a low speed, add the pistachio paste and whip until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.